팝업닫기
찾으시는 내용이 있으신가요?
사이트 내 전체검색
PROFESSORS EYE
Welcoming the 40th Anniversary of BUFS

Welcoming the 40th Anniversary of BUFS

This year is the 40th anniversary of the establishment of BUFS. However whether having no special events held by the university headquarters or because of the crisis of freshmen entrance that BUFS is facing, majority of BUFSians and staffs seems to not be aware of the fact of 40th birthday of BUFS.

Famous flowers of speech for number 40 is age of forth which means one should be free from vacillation. Which means you will not be confused and your judgment will not be blurred, it is a word of Confucius, in the book of Confucian Analects of the Analects of Confucius. It means firmly establishing oneness meaning and will. In Bible the year 40 is dealt primarily. The prince of Egypt Moses who had a life of luxury starting at 40 becomes shepherd and experiences the hardship of a wild man. Come to think of it the time of forty year means establishing meaning at the same time anxiety also crosses. It is just like the current state of BUFS.

Many graduates of BUFS contributes to the development of the nation as the foundation of society especially the relocating to Namsan-dong campus seems to be promised a revival of BUFS. Hence the great achievements like this recent entrance crisis is serious challenge that might shake the existence of BUFS. As you can see in the Analects of Confucius and the bible, forty years of meaning establishment and wandering applies right into BUFS. However, I want to point out the fact that the anxiety in front of us only gets recovered by establishing our meaning until it becomes unshaken. Therefore I would like to request the following points.

Firstly to make an university that is strong in the basics the members should gather their meanings. Our attitude of dealing with entrance crisis was truly embarrassing in previous two to three years. The further future of the BUFS which we should look forward to was an outside view and some power with their poor countermeasure have dealt with the crisis easefully is the assessment. Without the effort of trying to make a worthwhile university in the long breath instead we must look back whether the quick decision made put harm to our community or not. When universities are like universities when it is true to basics the effort of crisis overcoming will be added.

Secondly, we must have a attitude of working together to overcome the university crisis. When faced with crisis we look for scrapegoat. I work hard but because of other people this crisis came. One thinks my department is strong and competitive but because of other departmental weakness the crisis of entrance came. I regard that the dullness of university headquarters is what has doubled the crisis. However, the true crisis overcoming of BUFS should start with working with those different people, different department and head quarters. Blaming is easy. However we need wisdom of altogether right now. This will hold the meaning of the university of age of forty.

Finally, we need careful effort on checking our roots. The time of Uam-dong campus is somewhat included in our dark past times. From 1982 to 2013, it includes one third of BUFS history. Therefore, the effort to preserve and keep the trace of the Uam-dong campus is needed. The ordinary truth of not knowing the past means the future is not promised must be remembered. Even though its not the big events lets start by collecting trace of Uam-dong campus among BUFSians, BUFS staffs and alumnus.

BUFS2022. 9. 6조회수218