팝업닫기
찾으시는 내용이 있으신가요?
사이트 내 전체검색
REPORTERS EYE
Reminiscing About the Past

Reminiscing About the Past

Reporter Lee Jun-woo

junu95598715@gmail.com

Everyone is different from one another. Internal or external, distant experiences and memories create different characters of people whilst living in the same society. We have all walked down contrasting paths that make it almost impossible for one to sympathize with others. This is natural to my belief. That being said, I know that words, much less written words created by an amateur reporter cannot reach everyone. But there are some things that I would like to say not just for the readers, but also for myself, about reminiscing about the past.

Reminisce. It is not a word that one hears every day. Reminiscing is about recollecting the past and indulging in the rush of emotions that go with it. Everyone has lived a different past, although the term of feelings we have experienced in life can be classified. There are happy times that leave a smile on our faces just by imaging them. Exciting times, blessed times, and so on. Some say that the past should only remain in the past. And I agree. Not just because the past is an obstacle that clashes with one’s performance in the present and future, but I truly believe that all memories bring affections that are restricted to a certain place and time. Take a short time to think about a happy memory. It could be about friends you have met along the way. It could be about a trip with a special person. It could be a simple choice you have made in life. This might not have occurred to you at that time. But now in the present, once you think about it, those were truly the good days. The ability to look at the past and nod your head in approval. That is reminiscing and it will probably never end. Even in the future, I am certain I will remember the past, which is the present today, and think to myself, “Those were the good days”.

Do you get it? Every day is a great day. It just has not occurred to you yet living in the present. There may be choices that bother you and the results may not appeal to you just yet. But just wait. I am certain that you will reminisce about this time at some point in the future and be able to say that it was a good time.

BUFS2022. 3. 29조회수194